The art of playing with light and presenting things ordinary in extraordinary perspective, the portrayal of nature in its finest detail, and to capture the various human emotions in all its glory is what distinguishes Satish. The urge to play is but natural to any child, but to play with light and bring forth beautiful images at the age of 12 is a sheer prodigy. It is this gift of nature that made him take up cinematography in his academic stint. It was during his graduation that he started to capture nature in all its glory, naturally, there flowed appreciation and awards in both nature and pictorial sections of photography contests the world over.
Satish now 54 has been honored with
• ARPS – Associate of Royal Photographic Society of London.
• EFIAP – Excellence in photography from Federation International of Art Photographic, from Luxembourg.
• MFIAP – Master of photography – Federation International of Art Photographic, from Luxembourg
• FICS – fellow of image colleague society of California.It must be noted that he is the first Indian to be honored with EFIAP and MFIAP in Nature color prints; one of the highest honors in the photographic world.
Apart from the above honors that have been conferred on him, it is but apparent that he has won many a competition garnering up to 400 and odd awards among which gold medals in China, Scotland, Austria, Finland and France are but significant. Over 800 of his pictures have been exhibited in numerous national and international salons. The other notable nuggets among his precious awards are
• First award in Lalith Kala Academy – New Delhi – 1995
• First Award in Art and Crafts all India exhibition- 1996 -New Delhi.
• Jim Corbet Award for Best Nature Photographer in 1990 and 1991.
• Best Bird Portfolio Award 2004-A Leica Telescope- from ‘ Birds’ magazine -America.
• Award at Natures Best Magazine, America- 2001.
• Lalith Kala Academy of Lucknow has bestowed on him the 2013 UP State Award for his set of 5 pictures.
• Youth Photographic Society, Bangalore, and ECPA of Kolkata have bestowed upon their honorary membership for achievement in the field of Art Photography.
He has been invited as a judge in many National and International photography salons. His love for light and color has taken him across the subcontinent, and needless to say, he is an avid traveler and has traveled all over India over 32 times, photographing its people, diverse culture, exquisite traditions, amazing landscapes, and vivid wildlife. He has in his possession some 18,000 pictures on all subjects In Color slides and over 30,000 in Digital. He does portraits, product photography and occasionally industrial photography too. Many of his pictures have been published in international magazines, catalogs, newspapers, brochures, and books. His pictures have graced all the guidebooks brought out by “Outlook traveler” and “Today- Travel Plus” Magazine, WWF, BEML, BHEL, MICO, MCF, Canara Bank and many more Calendar spreads.
Satish conducts Nature and Wildlife Photography Workshops for the enthusiasts. He has so far organized workshops in wildlife in the jungles of Bandhavgarh, Kanha, Bandipur and Ranthambore National parks.
He has undertaken numerous assignments for Karnataka Tourism, Indian Coffee Board, NALCO – Orissa and many of his pictures have been published in their brochures and posters.
Besides all these, he trains Amateurs by giving them classes in Basic photography and teaches them wildlife photography in workshops conducted on location in the forests.